Sponsor: Emily Steele
Purpose: The Texas Association of Future Educators was created in 1984 so that the best high school students in Texas would have the opportunity:
- To learn about the teaching profession, its opportunities, responsibilities, and its important role in our democracy.
- To explore their interests and abilities in relation to the various fields of teaching.
- To cultivate the qualities of character, service, and leadership which are essential in good teachers.
- To learn how and where teachers receive their training, the cost, scholarships available, number of years required, certification requirements, and standards.
- To study the lives and influence of great teachers.
Eligibility: To join TAFE, attend a meeting in September to get a membership form. Attendance at meetings is mandatory and is part of the requirement for participating in TAFE activities.
Dues: $3 per year
- Honoring all teachers and staff during American Education Week in November by providing cookies, candy, Thank You notes, bookmarks, and notepads.
- Shadowing with teachers in our district to learn first-hand about the profession.
- Holding fundraisers to attend the TAFE State Conference if funds allow.