Sponsor: Emily Steele
Purpose: The Texas Association of Future Educators was created in 1984 so that the best high school students in Texas would have the opportunity:
- To learn about the teaching profession, its opportunities, responsibilities, and its important role in our democracy.
- To explore their interests and abilities in relation to the various fields of teaching.
- To cultivate the qualities of character, service, and leadership which are essential in good teachers.
- To learn how and where teachers receive their training, the cost, scholarships available, number of years required, certification requirements, and standards.
- To study the lives and influence of great teachers.
Eligibility: To join TAFE, attend a meeting in the second week of school to get a membership form. Attendance at meetings is mandatory and is part of the requirement for participating in TAFE activities.
Dues: $15 per year for Competitors, $10 per year for basic membership (no travel events included)
Up-coming TRAFLES Activities:
- January Game Night - Springlake Assisted Living (Date TBD) Service
- February - Dress-Up Days & Ed Rising Week (Week of February 6-10th) Recreation/Educational Awareness
- 2nd Annual Dodgeball Tournament - (Date and Time TBD) Fundraising
To find out more about TAFE, competitions, etc., please visit the website: TAFE Website