Life and Times of the Anglo Saxons
3. Food and Feasting/Fasting in the Anglo-Saxon time period...consult the following sites and any other information that you can find. Create a double bubble map comparing and contrasting feasting customs with fasting customs or the food of the common people with the food of the upper class.
4. Anglo-Saxon Social Life...consult the following site and any other information that you can find. Create a bubble map describing the various qualities of Anglo-Saxon life.
5. Weapons and warfare...consult the following site and the related links, and any other information that you can find. Create a tree map showing the various supporting details about each weapon that the Anglo-Saxons used. Also include in your report information about their warfare.
Present your findings to the class. Your poster should introduce your major points while your presentation will elaborate on them. Audience members will listen closely and take pertinent notes. While your classmates give their presentations, be sure to listen for answers to these three questions:
1) What about the Anglo-Saxon era illustrates their philosophy of life, "wyrd"?
2) What have you learned about the era that relates to their folk literature?
3) Where do you see the influences of pagan and Christian ideals in Anglo-Saxons ' daily life?
Poster = 75 points (for text and images, layout, following of map format, originality, and creativity)
Presentation = 25 points (for eye contact, posture, professionalism, attitude, and elaboration of main points)